Which meant one of the first matches of the tournament showcased two of the best teams in attendance, nothing more than pride was at stake, but it does ensure that if both teams can make it, they will only meet again in the grand final.
After a tight match on City Streets, fnatic won with some inspirational sniper work from mint, clinching the match 11-7 eventually. Stuart 'TosspoT' Saw caught up with four of the players involved to gauge some post match reaction, you can watch the interview here.
In a separate interview, TosspoT also individually interviewed two of our players here.
Quarter Final stage
All matches are best of three, with the maps being decided before the game based on maps already selected by the teams in the previous knock out stage.
eSuba.HAL3000 vs TEK-9 Networks - (here)
H2k-Gaming vs fnatic - (here)
SK Gaming vs oXmoze - (here)
DCC vs TLR.eSports - (here)
Video on demand (VODs) are available for two SK's matches, the first match against fnatic and the first knock out match against Roskilde Ravens which SK won over two maps. Clutching the first map by winning six rounds in a row to win Crossfire. You can find the VODs, again courtesy of TosspoT and QuadV, here.
I'd also like to publicly apologise for the sub standard coverage, we'd planned extensive pre-coverage as well as coverage and content directly from the event, but due to circumstances beyond our control, it wasn't meant to be. We assure all CoD4 fans out there that this won't happen again!
- mymym.com [one article]
- SK-Gaming.com [multiple articles, columns and coverage]
- ESReality.com [one column]
- Crossfire.nu [multiple articles, columns and coverage]
eSports media achievements:
- Long-listed for eSports scene journalist Award 2008
- Nominated for best eSports coverage 2008 (SK)
- Nominated for best eSports coverage 2007 (SK)
- Published in Times Higher Education (THE); online and print.
- Long-listed for the Guardian's 2009 International Development Journalism competition; online.
- CGS European Qualifier and Draft
- Multiplay i31
THE NEW JERSEY