ESL Major Series relegation matches
- fnatic versus Orange - click me
Previous result: 12 - 12 (Citystreets, 14/05/08, fnatic versus Team SPEED-LINK)
Previous result: 10 - 13 (Vacant, 13/05/08, Orange versus Dignitas)
Carelessly slipping into the relegation dog fight after two draws and a surprising loss to Team Wizards; fnatic will be looking to anchor themselves into the latter stages of the competition against an Orange side who've been carried by their early form and the dismissal of H2k.Thermaltake.
- DEFEATERS versus Heroes - click me
Previous result: 10 - 13 (Citystreets, 11/05/08, DEFEATERS versus Epsilon eSports)
Previous result: 13 - 11 (Citystreets, 12/05/08, Heroes versus Orange)
The most understated contest of the four and one which is likely to go against the seedings. With DEFEATERS finishing third in their comparatively harder group, it would be an unexpected surprise to see the Czech side fail to build on their already impressive Clanbase Eurocup season with a play off spot in the Major Series'.
- tempus moriendi versus Roskilde Ravens - click me
Previous result: 7 - 13 (Citystreets, 14/05/08, tempus moriendi versus choZen)
Previous result: 13 - 10 (Citystreets, 16/05/08, Roskilde Ravens versus Team Impact)
Roskilde Ravens loss against SK Gaming in the group stages may have the dubious 'misfortune' of actually granting them the easier tie against the Polish tempus'. Though the seeding favors tempus, with their recent line up changes and the big name, Roskilde have more of an incentive to win the match at all costs especially after such a poor 'Eurocup.
- TEK-9 Networks versus SK Gaming - click me
Previous result: 13 – 6 (Vacant, 04/05/08, TEK-9 Networks versus OCRANA)
Previous result: 11 – 13 (Citystreets, 20/05/08, SK Gaming versus LLL)
With TEK-9 qualifying in third with one win and two losses, their fortune is to challenge an SK side in the super Sunday game. High profile reputations and names are on the line in a match which is severely inflicted by schooling issues. SK came from the tougher group but it's impossible to differentiate between the two and the most likely scenario is both teams killing the tie with their choice of map, in an attempt to cancel one another out.
The matches will be played on one map eliminated from mp_citystreets, mp_backlot, mp_crash, mp_strike and mp_vacant. The higher seed team will be the first to eliminate (fnatic, Heroes, tempus moriendi and SK Gaming).
- mymym.com [one article]
- SK-Gaming.com [multiple articles, columns and coverage]
- ESReality.com [one column]
- Crossfire.nu [multiple articles, columns and coverage]
eSports media achievements:
- Long-listed for eSports scene journalist Award 2008
- Nominated for best eSports coverage 2008 (SK)
- Nominated for best eSports coverage 2007 (SK)
- Published in Times Higher Education (THE); online and print.
- Long-listed for the Guardian's 2009 International Development Journalism competition; online.
- CGS European Qualifier and Draft
- Multiplay i31
ESL demands halt promod progress
"I am still a member of Dignitas"
A week in review
THE NEW JERSEY