• Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.
o Void Ray
• Damage level 1 increased from 5 to 6 (+4 armored).
• Damage level 2 decreased from 10 (+15 armored) to 8 (+8 armored).
• Flux Vanes speed upgrade bonus decreased from 1.125 to 0.703.
• Barracks requirement changed from Command Center to Supply Depot.
• Supply Depot life increased from 350 to 400.
• Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.
• Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.
• Nitro Packs speed upgrade now has a Factory Requirement.
• Energy bar removed.
• 250mm Strike Cannons is now cooldown-based on a 50-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown available (useable immediately after upgrade is researched).
• Hatchery life increased from 1250 to 1500.
• Lair life increased from 1800 to 2000.
• Spawning Pool life increased from 750 to 1000.
• Spire life increased from 600 to 850.
• Ultralisk Cavern life increased from 600 to 850.
• Energy bar removed.
• Corruption is now cooldown-based on a 45-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown expired (must wait for full 45-second cycle before usable).
• Fungal Growth now prevents Blink.
• Range increased from 3 to 4.
As you can see, base sniping has been significantly nerfed by the increases in nexus and hatchery hitpoints. Void rays were also in the firing line, although their level one attack was actually improved, making for a situation which will require some testing before the results are fully understood. More definite is the "stealth nerf" to high templars via the removal of energy from corruptors and thors.
Overall, the patch seems to be addressing the perceived terran-bias. Terrans received almost solely nerfs with the changes to thor's strike cannon being mostly irrelevant in competitive play. Protoss players will have mixed feelings, but are probably happy that their nexus can't be so easily sniped. Zerg seems to have gotten the best deal despite the changes being small. The improvement to roaches will make for a happy swarm when the patch hits European servers.
You can read the full patch notes at Blizzard's website.
If I don't know you I will decline your friend request.
Other esports work
Zechs Files Uncut - A more personal look at esports and the stuff i felt i couldn't put in my column.
You can also follow me on Twitter for regular updates.
Everything I ever wrote for SK
Most of what I wrote for GotFrag
TeamAMD Gamer - Coverage writer
/ Clanbase - Eurocup/Nations Cup admin
GotFrag - Coverage/Features
ACON5 2005 UK Qualifier
ESWC 2005 Finals
ESWC 2006 UK Qualifier
ESWC 2006 Finals
CPL WT 2006: UK
IEM Global Finals 2009
IEM Global Finals 2010
Throwback Thursday: MC Wins IEM VI World Championship
HerO wins IEM Cologne
WCS EU Premier Groups
Min Chul sets his sights at BlizzCon
Behold the Red Bull Battlegrounds!
THE NEW JERSEY